2012年5月24日 星期四

Star Wars Force Unleashed II, Live Up to The Hype?


As an avid gamer, I've always heard Star Wars Force Unleashed is an action adventure worth my time to play. I almost bought the Force Unleashed, but decided to check out BioShock first. Then Star Wars the Force Unleashed II, fell into my lap. So I knew I had to take the game home and try it out.

Not knowing much of the story line going into the game, it was quite easy to pick-up and follow what was going on. The graphics in this game in HD are worth the price you are going to pay for it. The game play itself is rather easy; when you first start the game out, pop up screens explain how to do different light saber tricks. The pops also explain when to use different force tricks, and what force tricks work best for certain situations. All the while you are on your journey you find light saber crystals which allow you to play with different light saber setups. Meaning you can use one light saber to heal yourself and one light saber which will give you more experience to get up grades. There are other various crystals you can find out side of the two mentioned above. I was a little disappointed that I did beat the game without completing all the force upgrades. I thought it took a good amount of time to collect 50,000 experience points. I also wasn't sold on the saber crystals, or maybe I just didn't use the best combination of the two.

If you are a fan of action adventure games, this sequel is definitely for you then. This game is jammed full of action, with tremendous moves and light saber attacks at your finger tips. It's pretty easy to figure out how to use all the different light saber attacks combined with using the force for further damaging attacks on your opponents. The game starts as you are a clone of the Jedi Starkiller, whom Darth Vader apparently killed in the first game. You start the game as a test dummy so to speak, with Darth Vader asking you to kill Juno. Your mind is still filled with love for Juno, and you are unable to complete the task. So Darth Vader wants you killed, and then the game starts as you escape from the grasp of Vader and scour the galaxy to try and find Juno.

As you escape Kamino, your journey has just now begun. You're trying to find out the truth about yourself, and Juno. You play through many different levels, playing against a vast majority of different enemies. All he while perfecting the use of the force powers you poss. One of the more challenging levels was the level where you have to defeat the Gorog. At the same time you were being instructed the whole time on how to beat the monster. Which made it a little easier, but the beast was still a challenge. The AT-AT's can be problems if you don't take care of them quickly; I used force fury when I had it available. Apparently the force fury is new to the saga, when activated starkiller becomes almost invincible, with dual light sabers spinning around similar to kratos "swords" in God of War. I also found the force lighting very useful later in the game, which was one item I had fully upgraded which came in very handy.

I will admit I choose the evil ending, to my surprise it was a rather surprising ending. I didn't spoil the ending by looking on line. The Force Unleashed II is a great action/adventure game. Starkiller is one bad ass Jedi, who can destroy just about anyone in the game. The moves and tricks he possesses are awesome, and then you have the killer graphics were definitely well worth the money I spent. The length of the story, and the game mode were rather short, and a little disappointing. I would not recommend spending $60 bucks on this game new, but for around $20 to $25 used you can't go wrong.




Looking to sell video games for cash, The Old School Game Vault?gives you great prices when you sell PS3 games online for cash.





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

沒有留言:

張貼留言