2011年12月30日 星期五

Virginia Tech and The Extraordinary Change


When the TWA Jet blew up over the ocean off of Rhode Island, I had just finished swimming a mile in my pool. It was dusk and so I had flipped on the pool light to finish my swim. Toward the end of my laps, I was inspired to wonder what it would be like to usher a bunch of souls toward the light. In my imagination, there were baffled teenagers swimming alongside me who I kept saying, "you're okay, swim towards the light, you are okay". Because I've always had an active imagination from a young age, I thought nothing of it until I felt inspired to turn on the television immediately upon entering the house. There the TWA accident flashed across the screen. I immediately remembered that for weeks I'd been half-heartedly looking through the papers for any story on TWA. For days after the explosion, I had images played out in my head with specific details of how the explosion happened and then as quickly as they happened, they were gone.

When the events of 9/11 happened I was on the way to Cozumel, Mexico with six of my favorite people when we got stuck in the Houston Airport and evacuated along with thousands of other travelers that day. For days after the event I felt as if I had done massive quantities of speed so quick were the thoughts and feelings racing through me. I also had many images come into my head including seeing the perspective of one of the terrorists as the plane headed into the building.

Yet with the Virginia Tech shootings I had no foreshadowing of what occurred and an odd sense of detachment. I do not play video games and although I do watch my share of CSI and Law and Order shows, I don't watch a whole lot of violence on television. When I interviewed friends of mine who I consider "spiritual" and connected with a higher source, many of them had the same experience as I did and couldn't explain why. We did feel tremendous love for the people killed and hurt as well as for their friends and family.

One of my Bahá'í friends viewed it from a positive perspective that we are able to detach and love and help raise the vibration level of all peoples by not getting all caught up in the fracas. The only real "hit" I got days later after the shootings was how special the students, faculty, friends and families are at Virginia Tech. These weren't your average bears. I also felt very hopeful when I heard that most of the students were communicating with each other via http://www.Facebook.com and staying under the media radar. In most cases, they were telling the media respectfully, "no thanks".

My sense is that were are in the midst of a really extraordinary collective change, but it's so big that I can't get my mind around it yet. In the meantime, what I can do and what any of us can do is to continue to be willing to see where we can be of help and to pray for the overall healing of the planet. There are spiritual leaders that have said that America is the big hope for major spiritual transformation to occur. From where I sit, it seems like many of us are the walking asleep, but I am hopeful that when/if enough of us wake up, extraordinary changes will happen.




Bio: Coach Lynn Kindler ? offers Professional Life Coaching for individuals and groups wanting to discover and identity their unique personality strengths for success. She is a graduate of Coach University, an Associate Certified Coach through the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and is also certified through SUNR offering the SUN Coaching program for clients who are ready to use the awareness of their strengths to lead them to success in their lives! Lynn is a ?spiritual? Coach for movers and shakers who want to find more meaning in their lives. She is also a Certified Retreat Leader offering self-care retreats for groups and individuals which combine spiritual growth along with Career and Personal Success.





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

沒有留言:

張貼留言